Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Day 2 - Kickstart The Day

I am happy to say that I made it past the first day. Yesterday's boxing was even more intense the the morning session. I was quite tired last night, but felt good overall. I fell asleep around 9pm, and was up at 6am this morning.

I was a bit sore, but not as much as I thought. It may hit me tomorrow moreso, as this morning's training was brutal. My trainer made me do so many knee's up, and kicks that I'm dreading not being able to walk tomorrow. I've made friends with my roomate, who is in the same boat as I am. She motivates me to get up in the morning, and we urge each other on.

It is really interesting walking around, and watching some of the boxing. There is about ten young kids who train here, and they are so strong, and energetic. I wish I had their energy.

The food here is very basic. I am on a strict diet. We eat rice, chicken, and vegetables at 9am, and then almost the same at 5pm. There is no lunch, but if we want, we can order some food in the restaurant area. They also have some protein shakes, and snacks (some not so healthy).

This afternoon my plan is to do forty minutes on the stationary bike, weights for the arms, and more sit-ups. Then the boxing begins at 2:30pm. Yesterday, I slept for an hour from 12-1pm. It was a 'power nap' indeed.

I met more of the guys who train here. One farang guy must be popular as someone with a videocamera was filming him yesterday. It was funny because I was in the same ring with him doing my training. I should get his name.

Last night they asked if anyone wanted to go to see a fight at Lumphini. I didn't go, but I want to go next Tuesday. I've never seen a real muay thai fight. I'm not too keen on it, because I don't like violence, but I will go just to see the technique.

I'll be heading to the pool in a bit, and then will try to get a 'power nap' before the afternoon training begins. Fun stuff. I really like the way I feel in the ring. Although, sweaty and tired, I feel powerful, and getting stronger by the day.

No comments: