Thursday, May 1, 2008

Day 3 & 4 - No Hold's Barred

It is hard to believe that I am on my fourth day of training already. My trainer is working me to my limits, and beyond. That is what he is trained to do, and I like it. I am tired, but feeling really good. It is amazing how strong that I am getting so fast.

Yesterday afternoon, I went for four rounds for the first time. This morning the same. One of the girls that is training here is a personal trainer in Hong Kong. She asked me yesterday if I was a strong-willed person. I said definitely. My mind set is to 'just do it,' and give it all I got. I feel a bit tired in the mornings, and getting up is tough, yet once I start doing cardio for half an hour, I feel energized and pumped up. This morning I did a half an hour on the stationary bicycle. Then twenty minutes later, I was in the ring giving it all I got.

I started doing weights for the arms yesterday, and I've been doing tons of stretching which is needed because I don't want to cramp up, or get sore muscles the next day.

I've met some really cool people here. There is a guy I met that lives in Winnipeg, and I had some laughs with the three Croatians that are here. Funny guys they are. I also got my pic with two of them, with no shirts on.

I've been swimming everyday, and doing lots of abs, and mat and ball work for the core muscles of the back, and abs.

I felt a little hungry last night, as I only had a protein shake for lunch, but I had a yogurt and an apple to help satisfy that craving. My roomate said that she lost ten pounds in ten days. That is amazing! That is one pound a day! How motivating to hear that.

My friend that originally told me about this place is coming this Saturday. She is staying till Monday. It will be good to see her, and hopefully I can tell her more about my experience here.

It feels strange getting up so early and going to bed around 9 or 10pm. I am used to sleeping in, and going to bed so late. This is definitely a change for me. I hope to stick to this routine once I get back to Canada.

Yesterday, I met a Thai boxer who is very famous here in Bangkok. She used to be a male, and had a sex change not to long ago. She is really good. I've seen her fight, and she trains here.

No comments: