Sunday, May 4, 2008

Day 6 - Sunday Rest Day

Today is a rest day. No training today. It felt funny being able to sleep in. I slept till around 8am, which is two hours more than I am used to. I slept like a baby last night, I was so dead tired.

Today I went to get some yogurt, fruit, boiled peanuts, water chestnuts, and water from the 'Big C.' Then I spent most of the afternoon lying by the pool, and swimming. My friend arrived last evening, and we had a lot to chat about, considering she just came from Vietnam. Today, I watched her do some boxing in the ring. She kicks really well, but she has also done some training previously in Melbourne, Australia where she is from.

I'm hoping that it isn't too difficult to get to sleep tonight, or get up at 6am tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to another week of this training. I really notice a difference already. I've lost some weight, and inches. I'll weigh myself tomorrow.

Yesterday, I started doing weights, and hope to keep this up in the upcoming weeks. I miss doing weights, as I used to workout a lot in the past. I became lazy being in Korea for a year. I'm now hoping to continue doing this Muay Thai boxing wherever I go. I've heard that it is such a world-wide sport now.

Last night, Heather and I, watched the movie, 'Juno' that ended up being really good and funny. It was nice to just sit and watch a movie. A few of the guys joined us later, and we had a few laughs.

No comments: