Friday, May 2, 2008

Day 5 - The Weekend

I had the hardest time getting up this morning. It feels weird working out on a Saturday. I did half hour on the stationary bike at 630am this morning, then three rounds of 3 minute boxing with one minute rest between sets. After training, I did sit-ups, and swam some laps in the pool. I feel dead today. I'm hoping it gets easier and not harder as time goes on.

Tomorrow is a rest day. Yay! My body so desperately needs it. My trainer told me that I'm losing weight, and I feel it already. I was watching the Fairtex dvd last night, that they give out to people who are thinking of coming here. Fairtex has a long history. I was also reading that Jack Osbourne - son of Ozzy Osbourne, trained here for three weeks, and lost like 20 pounds. He also did a week detox beforehand to lose some weight before coming here. After three weeks he fought and knocked out a thai boxer in three rounds (some say it was staged).

My friend that told me about this place arrives today. It'll be nice to see her. I'm thinking of going to get a tan by the pool in a few minutes..ah this life is sweet. A lot of people from this camp go out on Saturday night, and then they come back on Sunday night some hungover. I definitely don't want to drink while I'm here. Although, I may check out Central City Mall - Bang-Na on Sunday with Heather.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jo i have also recently started Thai Boxing and regular boxing in Glasgow Scotland. I Know how you are feeling!! I've been going for 8 weeks now and i think an addiction is developing! I feel a great sense of achievement, 1. for getting through the session every week and 2. actually getting myself there in the first place. I have a very busy life, i run my own construction business and have a big family and group of friends so there are always excuses which can easily be fabricated for missing the odd session! But i now feel i owe it to myself to excell as i'm in my early thirties and crave success over my happy go lucky of the past 10 years. Would love to hear your opinions and how you are progressing. N