Saturday, May 10, 2008

2 Weeks and Counting

It is hard to believe that two weeks has passed. Today is Saturday, and I will rest this afternoon and tomorrow. I am currently in Bangkok meeting up with some friends. I did some major shopping on Khao San road. I bought the cutest little pair of Muay Thai boxing shorts in pink for my little niece. I will have to buy some pink ones too, so we will match.

Yesterday, I felt sick all day. I had a sore stomach, and only trained in the morning. I went and did weights last night though. I've been doing weights for a week and a half now. I train arms, and shoulders one day, and back and chest on the following day. I am feeling stronger in the ring by the day. My trainer said, that I have improved so much. I tried all my clothes on last night that I had custom made in Vietnam. I laughed because I'm thinking once I get back to Canada, I'll have to get them taken in.

I've moved into a single room at Fairtex, which is so nice to have the privacy. My room is directly across from the pool, so I've been majorly working on my tan. The weather is good for tanning. I've decided that I will stay for four weeks instead of three. I think another two weeks will do me wonders. Two more weeks then back to Canada to see the family. I am soo excited to see them after almost a year and a half being away from them.

This morning I did three rounds of four minutes in the ring. I also have been doing a half an hour on the bicycle in the morning before training, and a half an hour in the afternoon on the bicycle. In total I am doing an hour of cardio plus the boxing which adds up to another half an hour. Today, I didn't wrap my hands, and I hurt my knuckles on my right hand. I hope it heals quickly.

I'm glad to be out of Fairtex for a day and a half. There is soo much male testosterone it isn't funny. I seemed to get hit on by one guy in particular, but it is kind of creepy. Today he asked if I wanted to go in the room with him and his friend. He said he was joking, but I don't know about that. He also has said a few other things. It is such a small space at Fairtex, so it is hard to avoid him, or anyone else for that matter. I usually tell him to be nice, or to go to hell, which seems to work for awhile.

No comments: