Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Day 9 - Still Alive...barely.

It is hard to believe that it is Day 9. I feel exhausted today, and have a sore foot. When I got in an accident in Vietnam, the motorcycle landed on my foot, and my foot has been tender ever since. Since I started kicking with it, I have been in pain. Today moreso than other days. I'll have to rest this afternoon.

Last night was awesome! I went to see a real Muay Thai boxing fight at Lumphini Stadium in Bangkok. We had front row seats. I took tons of pictures. Although, I don't like violence, I still somewhat enjoyed watching the same moves and techniques that I am learning. I liked how close to the fifth round, everyone was cheering, and the live band plays the music louder and more intense. I also liked the beginning before they fight, when they parade around the ring, with their get up on, and for some reason they all wear bright pink boxing gloves - even the men. I laughed about that, thinking only in Thailand would you see that!

I feel tired today though. I went to bed later than usual last night, but it was worth it. I also went shopping yesterday at Central City. It is a huge shopping mall. I bought a lot of shirts, and enjoyed trying clothes on for once. I actually am starting to notice a difference in my shape. I also have a great tan. I keep thinking that a few more weeks of this will do me good. I feel dead today for some reason. I did do an intense training session this morning. I did thirty minutes on the bike, and four rounds in the boxing ring. The heat is also a killer. It is soo friggin hot out, I find it draining.

Yesterday, I picked up my new Fairtex shorts, that I had custom designed for moi. It has the Fairtex logo on them, plus I got the writing of Muay Thai in Thai on the front, with my name in red and white trim (Canadian colors of course). I also bought a pair of red boxing gloves.

I can't post too much now, as It is time for me to go and work out. Unfortunately, I can't get my laptop up and running here, so I haven't been able to get pictures on here. I hope this weekend I can get to a wireless cafe, and post the pics from last night.

No comments: