Monday, May 12, 2008

Muay Thai Rocks!

I started off the week with a bang of doing five rounds, and today was a great motivator as well. My trainer was sick this morning, so I asked another trainer to train me. He was awesome! My trainer usually just does the basic techniques like knees, kicks, elbows, and punches. He works a lot on my fitness conditioning. This new trainer taught me new moves, like upper cut, elbow blocks, knee blocks, and a few other things. It was really intense, but I also liked it better. It seemed more interesting, and also hugely motivating. I caught on really fast, as I usually do with things like that.

I asked my new trainer if I could work out with him tomorrow. He said, 'sure,' so that is great news. To me the way I trained today, is real Muay Thai boxing. He pretended to hit me, (he did), and I had to learn how to defend myself. This is great self defence practice.

Today, I will go to the Big C, to get more yogurt, and water. I feel extremely strong this week, because it is my third week. I got a foot massage last night here at Fairtex, because my right foot really aches after I kick with it. I may have to get it X-rayed when I get back to Canada to see what the problem is with it.

I'll go to Khao San road this Friday night, and stay overnight there on Friday and Saturday. It is my birthday and I want to party all weekend (try and stay light on the booze though).

No comments: